Salesforce plans to incorporate generative AI across the platform
- Today at the TrailblazerDX developer conference, the company announced a generative AI push with a pilot of technology they are calling “Einstein GPT” that adds ChatGPT-like features across the platform.“We’re announcing Einstein GPT, the world’s first generative AI for CRM.
- Salesforce has been in the news for a lot of non-product reasons of late, so it would be understandable that the company wants to bring the focus back to the business of selling software and away from the machinations of activist investors.
- Imagine entering a question about a company, and the bot finds publicly available information to add or update a company record in the CRM.
- For Service Cloud, the company will generate a reasonable answer to a customer’s inquiry based on information in the knowledge base automatically.
- In Slack, you could summarize long threads to understand them better, or perhaps gain insight on your customers, and ask questions to get back more details from long threads.
- The generative AI is more content-oriented and helps business users auto-generate text, pictures and code.For Salesforce though, the data won’t in most cases be coming from the open internet, as with chat-based search.
Salesforce has been in the news for a lot of nonproduct reasons of late, so it would be understandable that the company wants to bring the focus back to the business of selling software and away fro [+4139 chars]