In 1st news conference, China minister lashes out at US
- The meeting also is expected to name Xi to a third term in the ceremonial post of Chinese president after he broke with tradition and awarded himself a third five-year term as ruling party leader in October, possibly preparing to make himself leader for life.
- Its electronics and optical equipment are being analyzed by the FBI.Then last week, Beijing reacted with indignation when U.S. officials raised the issue again of whether the COVID-19 outbreak that first was detected in southern China in late 2019 began with a leak from a Chinese laboratory.
- Many in Washington have called for the U.S. government to make a bigger effort to counter Chinese influence abroad.Concerns about Chinese spying on the U.S. and Beijing’s influence campaigns there have drawn particular concern.U.S.
- officials are increasingly worried about China’s goals and the possibility of war over Taiwan, the self-ruled island democracy claimed by Beijing as part of its territory.
- China says it is neutral but said before the invasion that it had a )“no-limits friendship” with Russia.
- It regards China as its primary rival and the most consequential geopolitical challenge,” Qin said.
BEIJING (AP) In his first news conference since taking office, Chinese Foreign Minister Qin Gang lashed out Tuesday at the United States over deteriorating bilateral relations and Washingtons support [+6908 chars]