Twitter API error broke the site today as Musk blames brittle platform
- It was still possible to view tweets in a browser tab where we were already logged in to Twitter, and the link problem was a trending topic of discussion.Twitter's official support account acknowledged the problem before it was fixed.
- "The "current API plan" part of the error message led to widespread speculation that the problem was related to Twitter's decision to charge for API access.
- Some images embedded in tweets were broken, and there were reports of TweetDeck being broken too.We also got the error message when loading any Twitter page in a browser's incognito mode.
- "Twitter's own products are breaking because it ended the free API," The Information tech reporter Paris Martineau wrote.We'll update this article if we get specific details on what caused the link failure.
- Jon Brodkin - Mar 6, 2023 6:23 pm UTC Twitter suffered an embarrassing technology failure today that temporarily broke links to outside websites and even to Twitter's own webpages.
28 with Twitter suffered an embarrassing technology failure today that temporarily broke links to outside websites and even to Twitters own webpages. The problem lasted for about 45 minutes or so. [+1869 chars]