YouTubes new head looks forward to supporting creators though different formats
- YouTube’s new head Neal Mohan penned his first letter to creators emphasizing that the company in the year ahead aims to continue supporting the community by giving them more tools to make money.
- This year, it is going to introduce a side-by-side format that lets creators record Shorts with other Shorts or videos — essentially nudging them to make more reaction videos.Given the recent popularity of OpenAI’s ChatGPT bot, multiple platforms are exploring product use cases of generative AI.
- He mentioned that the executives will be looking to meet more creators this year and offer more support to them.“We’re also listening to creators through increased support.
- Creators, viewers, and advertisers have more choices about where to spend their time than ever before and platforms like YouTube need to deliver across a range of formats while investing in the policies that protect platforms from real-world harm,” Mohan said.
- So YouTube doesn’t want to stay behind — but the new company head was sparse on details in his letter.“Creators will be able to expand their storytelling and raise their production value, from virtually swapping outfits to creating a fantastical film setting through AI’s generative capabilities.
- The company mentioned that people subscribing to individual channels have jumped 20% year-on-year to six million.The new YouTube head also highlighted multi-lingual features, including dubbing clips into another language and auto-caption.
YouTubes new head Neal Mohan penned his first letter today to creators emphasizing that the company aims to continue supporting the community by giving them more tools to make money. He also mention [+5100 chars]