ChatGPT and Whisper APIs debut, allowing devs to integrate them into apps
- Whisper, a speech-to-text model that launched in September, can transcribe spoken audio into text.In particular, demand for a ChatGPT API has been huge, which led to the creation of an unauthorized API late last year that violated OpenAI's terms of service.
- In this case, app developers can extend their apps' abilities with OpenAI technology for an ongoing fee based on usage.Introduced in late November, ChatGPT generates coherent text in many styles.
- Benj Edwards - Mar 1, 2023 7:54 pm UTC On Wednesday, OpenAI announced the availability of developer APIs for its popular ChatGPT and Whisper AI models that will let developers integrate them into their apps.
- It is priced at $0.002 per 1,000 tokens (about 750 words), which OpenAI says is about 10 times cheaper than its existing GPT-3.5 models.
- Compute for the APIs will happen off-device and in the cloud.OpenAI calls its new ChatGPT API model "gpt-3.5-turbo," which supersedes its previous "best" LLM API, "text-davinci-003."
- An API (application programming interface) is a set of protocols that allows different computer programs to communicate with each other.
17 with On Wednesday, OpenAI announced the availability of developer APIs for its popular ChatGPT and Whisper AI models that will let developers integrate them into their apps. An API (application [+2431 chars]