Planet Computers hits the desktop with a line of touchscreen Linux computers
- “By productizing Linux into a mini desktop PC, the XR is another step towards creating a more open and inclusive computing ecosystem.”Image Credits: Planet ComputersThe line is launching with two systems — the XR1 and XR2, fittingly.
- The new XR line is being pushed as the “first-ever out-of-the-box Linux mini desktop experience,” meaning that the end user has to do little to get the Ubuntu boxes up and running.The XR Series is here!
- 🙌 Powered by ARM multicore processor technology and running Ubuntu OS, our new range of Linux mini desktop PCs are crowdfunding on Indiegogo NOW.
- Back the project and be part of the #Linux computing revolution!👉 https://t.co/yT1gaSbvcT— Planet Computers (@planetcom2017) February 27, 2023“The XR series is Planet’s first foray into the personal computer market,” CEO Janko Mrsic-Flogel says in a release tied to this morning’s news.
- 2020’s Astro Slide 5G followed in a similar vein, spurring on a highly successful crowdfunding campaign, in spite of being launched at the beginning of the pandemic.Today, the firm hit MWC in Barcelona with, somewhat ironically, a non-mobile device.
- The London-based hardware startup was banking on a bit of nostalgia for the days of tactile mobile keyboards, as it attempted to drag the PDA kicking and screaming into the 21st century with the Gemini.
Planet Computers turned heads when it arrived on the scene almost exactly five years ago. The Londonbased hardware startup was banking on a bit of nostalgia for the days of tactile mobile keyboards, [+2176 chars]