Bill signed for West Virginia renewable energy battery plant
- We’re committed to the long haul.”It’s the first full-scale plant for Massachusetts-based Form Energy, whose pilot manufacturing facility is about an hour away from Weirton in southwestern Pennsylvania.Jaramillo has said Form Energy focuses on energy storage technology and manufacturing.
- CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — West Virginia’s governor on Friday signed a bill that gives $105 million in state funding for a renewable energy battery plant in a former steel town.Gov.
- The company filed for bankruptcy protection in 2003.“We are honored to pick up the legacy of this historic location and carry forward the tradition on manufacturing on this phenomenal site,” Form Energy CEO Mateo Jaramillo said.
- It’s another representation of the ongoing shift in coal-rich West Virginia as state leaders seek businesses that use cleaner forms of energy while preserving the state’s roots.
- Jim Justice signed the bill at the site of Form Energy’s planned manufacturing facility in the Northern Panhandle community of Weirton.
- The company has several prominent investors, including Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, and it has stated opposition to fossil fuels.
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) West Virginias governor on Friday signed a bill that gives $105 million in state funding for a renewable energy battery plant in a former steel town.Gov. Jim Justice signed t [+2578 chars]