Almadas 2 late goals help Atlanta United beat Quakes 21
- Brazilian goalkeeper Daniel saved three of the five shots he faced in his debut for the Earthquakes.Both teams next play Saturday, with United hosting Toronto while the Earthquakes host the Vancouver Whitecaps.___The Associated Press created this story using technology provided by Data Skrive and data from Sportradar.
- Before the injury, Robinson was projected as a likely U.S. starter at the World Cup.Jeremy Ebobisse ut the Earthquakes ahead in the 12th minute.Almada tied the score in the third minute of second-half stoppage time following a corner kick by Brooks Lennon.
- The 38-year-old made three saves.Robinson, 25, played his first competitive match since rupturing his left Achilles on May 7 in a match against Chicago.
- Guzan played his first competitive match since tearing his right Achilles on April 16 in a game against Cincinnati.
- The 21-year-old, in his second MLS season, had his first career multi-goal game.
- United outshot the Earthquakes 20-10, with five shots on goal to San Jose’s four.
ATLANTA (AP) Thiago Almada scored two stoppagetime goals and Atlanta United beat the San Jose Earthquakes 21 Saturday night in the season opener for both teams.Almada, who helped Argentina win th [+1207 chars]