Spotify launches DJ, a new feature offering personalized music with AIpowered commentary
- Ahead of Spotify’s upcoming Stream On event, where the company is expected to announce a redesigned home feed and other updates, the company today launched a new AI feature called “DJ” to better personalize the music listening experience for its users.
- As they listen, they’ll also hear commentary directly followed by the song it’s referring to.For example, the AI may share commentary like:“This week, Chicago rapper Polo G teams up with Atlanta’s Future for his first release of the year.
- )Instead, Spotify says it provided its music editors, experts, scriptwriters and data curators with access to OpenAI’s Generative AI tech in order to scale their insights about music, artists and genres.
- )As listeners engage with the new DJ feature, they’ll be presented with a personalized stream of songs that will include both newer tracks and old favorites.
- This was then followed by a number of other playlists designed to cater to the end user’s unique preferences, including Release Radar, Daily Mixes, Your Time Capsule, Blend and those aimed at specific activities, like commuting or working out, among other things.
- The technology is being put to use to create “culturally relevant, accurate pieces of commentary at scale,” the company says.
Ahead of Spotifys upcoming Stream On event, where the company is expected to announce a redesigned home feed and other updates, the company today launched a new AI feature called DJ to better pers [+6590 chars]