Uber and Lyft earnings diverge, a selfdriving truck roadblock emerges and Redwood Materials lands a big one
- The money will fund the start of production of the FF 91 Futurist EV, the company said.Jones Logistics, a national specialized transportation and logistics company, acquired Nationwide Express.Liminal, a battery manufacturing inspection company, raised $17.5 million in a Series A2 funding round led by climate tech fund ArcTern Ventures.
- Existing backers Chrysalix Venture Capital, Good Growth Capital, University of Tokyo Edge Capital Partners, Volta Energy Technologies, Impact Science Ventures, and Helios Climate Ventures also participated.Otonomo, an Israeli startup that went public by merging with a special purpose acquisition company, has merged with digital road assistant company Urgently.
- Importantly, the company issued positive guidance for Q1 2023.Harley-Davidson delayed the launch of the LiveWire S2 Del Mar, the latest electric motorcycle to come out of its new LiveWire brand, to the second half of the year.
- The company brought on Katrina Heineking as EVP of operations; Marc Klein as SVP of strategic accounts and smart cities; and Alex Poirot as vice president of public policy.BorgWarner appointed former Ford executive Hau Thai-Tang to its board of directors.Electrify America changed up its leadership.
- The certification will allow the company to proceed with the first flight of its hydrogen-powered regional aircraft known as the Dash 8-300 flying testbed.GM struck a deal with GlobalFoundries to dedicate an unknown amount of U.S. production capacity for GM’s chip supply.
- This funding is the charge, ahem, needed to ramp those plans.Here are other deals that got my attention this week …Bike Bazaar has closed a $30 million round to finance e-scooters in India.
The Station is a weekly newsletter dedicated to all things transportation.Sign up here just click The Station to receive the full edition of the newsletter every weekend in your inbox. Subscribe f [+11516 chars]