Arkansas Gov. Sanders slams Biden for woke fantasies
- Trump has since been reinstated on Twitter, and Meta last month said the former president’s Facebook and Instagram accounts will be restored.In her speech, Sanders complained that “big government colludes with Big Tech to strip away the most American thing there is — your freedom of speech.”“That’s not normal.
- She also talked about her diagnosis last year with thyroid cancer, and said she is cancer-free after undergoing surgery.Sanders also embraced the criticism of technology companies that has become a rallying cry for Republicans after Trump was suspended from social media sites following the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.
- Hutchinson has been an outspoken critic of Trump and has said Trump being the GOP’s nominee would be the “worst scenario” for the party.Sanders, who served roughly two years as White House press secretary, focused heavily on her criticism of Biden during her successful bid for governor last year.
- “Most Americans simply want to live their lives in freedom and peace, but we are under attack in a left-wing culture war we didn’t start and never wanted to fight.”Sanders, 40, delivered the speech less than a month after being sworn in as the first female governor of Arkansas.
- Polling released this week by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research showed just 37% of Democrats say they want him to seek a second term.Sanders delivered the speech the day before she’s set to unveil an education proposal she’s called her priority in this year’s legislative session.
- Sanders has also said she’d support Arkansas enacting a measure similar to Florida’s law banning instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in kindergarten through third grade.
By ANDREW DeMILLO Associated PressLITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders painted a dystopian portrait of the country in her rebuttal to President Joe Bidens State of the Unio [+6156 chars]