Breef raises $16M to match brands with marketing agencies
- “But the technology had not been created to vet and centralize agencies and give brands confidence throughout the search … In short, if someone could centralize agencies and help brands move faster, then ‘the old way’ of working with agencies was ready to be replaced.”Breef’s online agency-finding marketplace.
- But he expressed confidence in the startup’s growth trajectory, despite competition from startups like BizBulwark (which offers a similar marketing marketplace) and Agency Spotter (an ad agency search tool).“For marketers, Breef means ease of planning, scoping and outsourcing — at the speed modern brands require.
- An “agency marketplace,” Breef lets brands plan, scope and post projects for digital marketing, social media, PR campaigns, web and app development and branding to get pitches from agencies on the platform.
- The nature of work is long, with brands embarking on a search process spanning months despite inaccurate ‘scopes of work’ and often no guidance — hence the emergence of the ’boutique agency,'” Raptis said.
- Breef, a platform that allows brands to manage and service marketing agency projects, today announced that it raised $16 million in a Series A round (an undisclosed portion of which was debt) led by Greycroft with participation from BDMI, UTA.VC, Afterpay’s Touch Ventures and UC Berkeley’s The House Fund.
- Full-time hires and the “big agency” model were no longer flexible — or affordable — enough to service the demands of today’s brands, they felt, while the challenges around outsourcing were steeply increasing.“The agency space has traditionally been a relationship-first business.
Breef, a platform that allows brands to manage and service marketing agency projects, today announced that it raised $16 million in a Series A round (an undisclosed portion of which was debt) led by [+4715 chars]