Getty sues Stability AI for copying 12M photos and imitating famous watermark
- On top of those lawsuits, Stability AI is also facing a class-action lawsuit from artists claiming that the company trained its Stable Diffusion model on billions of copyrighted artworks without compensating artists or asking for permission.Stability AI did not immediately respond to Ars' request for comment.
- "Last month, Getty said in a statement that the company “believes artificial intelligence has the potential to stimulate creative endeavors,” but Stability AI has gone about potentially disrupting the company's stock imagery business in the wrong way.
- Ashley Belanger - Feb 6, 2023 10:04 pm UTC Getty Images is well-known for its extensive collection of millions of images, including its exclusive archive of historical images and its wider selection of stock images hosted on iStock.
- If the court sides with Getty, it could answer some of the legal questions that many artists have been asking since the controversy began.
- Reuters reported Getty's second lawsuit against Stability AI followed last month's filing in the United Kingdom.
13 with 0 posters participatingGetty Images is wellknown for its extensive collection of millions of images, including its exclusive archive of historical images and its wider selection of stock i [+3427 chars]