Ganassi seeks first win of sports car in new hybrid era
- Team owner Michael Shank said during Pagenaud’s final drive in the car, “Simon is driving the stint of his life.”Castroneves acknowledged he got emotional at becoming the first driver to win three consecutive Rolex 24s.“It’s a very tough sport.
- Porsche lured Roger Penske back to sports car racing with two cars, while BMW persuaded Bobby Rahal to move his program up to IMSA’s top class.
- It is very hard and when you get it, you celebrate.”Castroneves has been a huge part of building Meyer Shank Racing, which since helping Castroneves win a record-tying fourth Indianapolis 500 in 2021 has added consecutive Rolex titles and the IMSA championship.
- It was so obvious that rival team owners admitted that their only shot to beat Shank was the Acura not making it to the finish.___AP auto racing: https://apnews.com/hub/auto-racing and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Shank wants MSR to be a two-car factory team, but Acura splits its two cars between Shank and Taylor.
- “Then had to take it to another level to secure the win.”The 29-year-old British driver has earned a starring role with Honda Performance Development.“He’s a nugget,” Shank said.
By JENNA FRYER AP Auto Racing WriterDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) Chip Ganassi Racing had two strong shots at winning the Rolex 24 at Daytona as both of his Cadillacs topped the board with roughly fou [+3337 chars]