Zeekr goes on a hiring spree, Tesla kicks off a price war and Hesai files for an IPO
- Existing backers Koch Disruptive Technologies and New Enterprise Associates also participated.Volta, the EV charging network operator, will be acquired by a U.S.-based subsidiary of oil company Shell for $169 million.Waabi, the Toronto-based self-driving trucks startup, landed Volvo Group Venture Capital AB as a strategic investor.
- Gogoro is working with the Indian state of Maharashtra to establish state-wide battery charging and swapping infrastructure as part of a deal valued at $2.5 billion.Helbiz is leaving unprofitable markets by spring 2023, but is also actively seeking new markets to enter that might be more sustainable.
- A senior engineer testified that the video was faked and apparently Musk oversaw the direction of the video, even dictating the words that pop up at the start of the video saying the car is driving itself.
- Yglesias says new housing policy has to go hand in hand with transportation initiatives to offer solutions and make it easier for residents to bike or scoot to where they need to go.
- Now it’s aiming to add two-thirds more workers to its roster.The company posted on Wechat this week that it is hiring 3,000 new workers at more than 30 cities around the world, including its R&D center in Ningbo and Shanghai in China and in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Separately, in its race to electrify, the company is also in talks with automakers to build EVs that sacrifice speed, and even a wheel or two, to drive down sticker price.
The Station is a weekly newsletter dedicated to all things transportation.Sign up here just click The Station to receive the full edition of the newsletter every weekend in your inbox. Subscribe f [+11845 chars]