Supreme Court has failed to find leaker of abortion opinion The Associated Press en Espaol
- Too many people have access to sensitive information, the court’s policies on information security are outdated and, in some cases, employees acknowledged revealing confidential information to their spouses.
- Liberals suggested it could be someone on the conservative side of the court who wanted to ensure a wavering justice didn’t switch sides.It would have taken just one conservative justice to side with Roberts to alter the decision.
- Speaking in Colorado in September, Justice Neil Gorsuch said he hoped a report was coming “soon” but he did not say whether it would be made public.Gorsuch joined Roberts in condemning the breach of trust the leak engendered.
- It’s like kind of an infidelity that you can explain it, but you can’t undo it,” Thomas said while speaking at a conference in Dallas less than two weeks after the leak became public.The leak itself sparked protests and round-the-clock security at justices’ homes.
- Chertoff, in a statement issued through the court, described it as thorough.Politico published the draft decision on May 2.
- Justice Clarence Thomas spoke in even starker terms about the leak’s effect on the justices.“When you lose that trust, especially in the institution that I’m in, it changes the institution fundamentally.
WASHINGTON (AP) The Supreme Court said Thursday an eightmonth investigation that included more than 120 interviews and revealed shortcomings in how sensitive documents are secured has failed to find [+5569 chars]