Utah Tech hosts New Mexico State following Popes 25point game The Associated Press en Espaol
- Deshawndre Washington is averaging 12.1 points, 7.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists over the past 10 games for New Mexico State.LAST 10 GAMES: Trailblazers: 5-5, averaging 78.3 points, 36.0 rebounds, 15.1 assists, 7.2 steals and 2.9 blocks per game while shooting 46.7% from the field.
- Their opponents have averaged 69.4 points per game.Aggies: 2-8, averaging 69.8 points, 32.4 rebounds, 11.2 assists, 6.0 steals and 1.8 blocks per game while shooting 42.6% from the field.
- Noa Gonsalves is averaging 1.8 made 3-pointers over the last 10 games for Utah Tech.Xavier Pinson averages 1.9 made 3-pointers per game for the Aggies, scoring 12.9 points while shooting 34.3% from beyond the arc.
- Utah Tech is ninth in the WAC with 29.8 points per game in the paint led by Tanner Christensen averaging 7.0.The Aggies have gone 0-7 against WAC opponents.
- New Mexico State has a 5-10 record against opponents over .500.The matchup Saturday is the first meeting of the season between the two teams in conference play.TOP PERFORMERS: Christensen is averaging 10.4 points and 7.2 rebounds for the Trailblazers.
New Mexico State Aggies (712, 07 WAC) at Utah Tech Trailblazers (910, 15 WAC)Saint George, Utah; Saturday, 9 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE Utah Tech hosts the New Mexico State Aggies after Isaiah Pope [+1371 chars]