Zitti soaks up some funding sauce so restaurants can manage their food supply chain
- In total, the company has raised $7.5 million since DiCicco and Benz started working on the company in 2019.The funding will be deployed into technology development with artificial intelligence and additional automation being added to the platform soon.
- Getting a handle on food costs at an independent restaurant is a constant challenge for owners, and there is a long list of startups, like MarginEdge, OneOrder, TouchBistro, PreciTaste, ConverseNow, Fudo, Owner.com, that have stepped with their solutions.Zitti’s app shows food pricing insights.
- “That will be important as we build density on both the restaurant and supplier side so that we can have more market intelligence and therefore more pricing intelligence.”As startups whip up a restaurant tech frenzy, is anyone close to Toast?
- “Much of the emerging technology has focused on ordering and inventory management, but what is severely lacking is the actual business intelligence to help restaurants make smarter purchasing decisions.
- “We’ve already had a significant amount of conversions from our pilot group to become customers.”The company is now back with $3.5 million in a seed round co-led by Oceans Ventures and Serena Ventures with Crossbeam, its pre-seed investor, also participating.
- That’s a big part of our mission.”Zitti launched in March 2022 after taking in $4 million of pre-seed funds in late 2021.
Getting a handle on food costs at an independent restaurant is a constant challenge for owners, and there is a long list of startups, like MarginEdge, OneOrder, TouchBistro, PreciTaste, ConverseNow, [+3045 chars]