UPDATE Police arrest failed MAGA candidate in shootings at Democrats...
- Authorities said no such promises have been made.The witness said Peña was there at the Lopez shooting “to ensure better target acquisition.”The witness said Peña’s gun jammed and did not fire correctly but one of the other men fired multiple rounds from a Glock pistol into the Lopez home.
- Police said more than a dozen shots were fired, including three that Lopez said passed through the bedroom of her sleeping 10-year-old daughter.The witness said one of the men told the shooters to aim above the homes’ windows to avoid striking anyone inside.
- ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A 39-year-old felon who overwhelmingly lost a bid for the New Mexico statehouse as a Republican paid for four men to shoot at Democratic lawmakers’ homes in recent months, including one house where a 10-year-old girl was asleep, police said.
- Peña wanted them to shoot lower.Peña’s insistence that the men be more aggressive made the other participants uneasy “since they knew that doing so would likely end in death or injury,” said the witness, who faces criminal charges and has asked for leniency.
- Now researching my options.”Peña has an initial court appearance Wednesday on charges including multiple counts of shooting at a home and shooting from a motor vehicle, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, conspiracy and being a felon in possession of a firearm.No one was wounded in the drive-by shootings.
- On Dec. 11, more than a dozen rounds were fired at the home of Bernalillo County Commissioner Debbie O’Malley, police said.The final related shooting, targeting state Sen. Linda Lopez’s home, unfolded in the midnight hour of Jan. 3.
Police arrest failed candidate in shootings at DemocratsALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) A 39yearold felon who overwhelmingly lost a bid for the New Mexico statehouse as a Republican paid for four men to s [+6812 chars]