What madness looks like Russia intensifies Bakhmut attack The Associated Press en Espaol
- There is almost no life left,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said late Monday of the scene around Bakhmut and the nearby Donetsk province city of Soledar.“The whole land near Soledar is covered with the corpses of the occupiers and scars from the strikes,” Zelenskyy said.
- KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russian forces are escalating their onslaught against Ukrainian positions around the wrecked city of Bakhmut, Ukrainian officials said, bringing new levels of death and devastation in the grinding, monthslong battle for control of eastern Ukraine that is part of Moscow’s wider war.“Everything is completely destroyed.
- “Russia is waging a war without rules, resulting in civilian deaths and suffering.”Wounded soldiers arrive around the clock for emergency treatment at a Ukrainian medical stabilization center located near the front line around Bakhmut.
- Military communications and control systems will be improved using artificial intelligence, Shoigu said, and troops will be given better tactical gear and equipment.The Kremlin argues that it is not just fighting Ukraine but also its NATO allies.
- Donetsk escaped the same fate, and the Russian military subsequently poured manpower and resources around Bakhmut.Taking Bakhmut would disrupt Ukraine’s supply lines and open a route for Russian forces to press on toward Kramatorsk and Sloviansk, key Ukrainian strongholds in Donetsk.
- “Of course, it hurts when it is not possible to save them.”The Moscow-backed leader of the occupied areas of Donetsk said Tuesday that Russia’s forces were “very close” to taking over Soledar.
KYIV, Ukraine (AP) Russian forces are escalating their onslaught against Ukrainian positions around the wrecked city of Bakhmut, Ukrainian officials said, bringing new levels of death and devastation [+5824 chars]