IonQ acquires quantum networking specialist Entagled Neworks
- “We are ready to work on amplifying IonQ’s quantum computing solutions to bring even more powerful applications to our customers.”Amazon extends its quantum efforts with a focus on networking
- IonQ, the trapped ion quantum computing company that went public via a SPAC in late 2021, today announced that it has acquired Entangled Networks, a Toronto-based startup that helps industrial and academic users build and optimize multi-quantum-processor solutions, using specialized networking techniques.
- This expansion will help us better support the thriving quantum computing community in Canada and further our collaborations with IonQ partners and customers.”Entangled Networks never announced any institutional funding round, but it was backed by the Jerusalem-based investment platform OurCrowd.
- The two companies did not disclose the price of the acquisition.This marks IonQ’s first acquisition and it comes shortly after the company signed a $13.4 million contract to provide quantum solutions to the United States Air Force Research Lab.
- At least at first, it’ll likely take multi-processor networks to achieve some of quantum computing’s promises, after all.
IonQ, the trapped ion quantum computing company that went public via a SPAC in late 2021, today announced that it has acquired Entangled Networks, a Torontobased startup that helps industrial and ac [+2571 chars]