ZF and Beep to launch several thousand autonomous shuttles in the US
- ZF said it has more than 13 million units already ordered and expects further growth in the future, with volume supply scheduled to start in 2024.Rendering of interior of ZF’s autonomous shuttle Image Credit: ZFZF’s shuttle will be able to carry 22 passengers, with 15 seated, according to ZF.
- Those two platforms work together to enable ZF’s virtual driver, the company’s proprietary autonomous driving software stack.The rise of electric vehicles has resulted in increased communication within the vehicle; everything from opening and closing windows to automated driving features to infotainment to passenger comfort is controlled via computers.
- ZF’s new shuttle, which will be built in partnership with AV software company Oxbotica, is designed for urban environments and mixed traffic, ZF said.ZF’s previous shuttle model only drives in designated lanes.
- In North America, ZF has 3,000 workshop partners.“As a technology leader, ZF sees itself not only as a shuttle supplier, but also as a partner for the entire lifecycle of its shuttles,” said Gollewski.
- “We offer not just the shuttle, but also services with its autonomous transport system, including fleet management, maintenance, repair and training.
- The shuttle will initially hit a max speed of 25 miles per hour, and in further development go up to 50 miles per hour, according to ZF.
Automotive supplier ZF is partnering with autonomous shuttle operator Beep to deliver several thousand shuttles to customers over the coming years, ZF said at CES in Las Vegas.Beep, which describ [+5943 chars]