Minister Ukraine aims to develop airtoair combat drones
- “These are both exploding drones and drones that fly up to three to 10 kilometers and hit targets.”He predicted “more missions with strike drones” in the future, but would not elaborate.
- “And the next stage, now that we are more or less equipped with reconnaissance drones, is strike drones,” Fedorov said.
- Ukraine is carrying out research and development on drones that could fight and down other drones, Fedorov said.
- The base houses Tu-95 and Tu-160 nuclear-capable strategic bombers that have been involved in launching strikes on Ukraine.Ukrainian authorities have never formally acknowledged carrying out such drone strikes, but they have made cryptic allusions to how Russia might expect retaliation for its war in Ukraine, including within Russian territory.
- He said there are times when fewer than half of mobile phone towers are functioning in the capital, Kyiv, because Russian airstrikes have destroyed or damaged the infrastructure that power them.
- Russia has used Iranian-made Shahed drones for its airstrikes in Ukrainian territory in recent weeks, in addition to rocket, cruise missile and artillery attacks.
KYIV, Ukraine (AP) Ukraine has bought some 1,400 drones, mostly for reconnaissance, and plans to develop combat models that can attack the exploding drones Russia has used during its invasion of the [+5126 chars]