TSMC to produce 3nanometer chips at its Arizona factory
- TSMC is also building a factory in Japan and is in talks with the German government to build another one in that country.Other foundries working on 3-nanometer chips include Samsung Electronics, which started producing 3-nanometer chips in June, ahead of TSMC.
- Samsung said last year it would invest 171 trillion KRW ($132 billion) in its logic chip and foundry business by 2030, and it is also building a semiconductor plant in Texas.Samsung Electronics starts 3-nanometer chip production ahead of TSMC
- TSMC founder Morris Chang said today that the semiconductor giant and Apple supplier will build 3-nanometer chips at its factory in Arizona, though final plans are not ready yet.
- It is targeting volume technology in the second half of this year.The world’s largest foundry, TSMC makes almost half of the world’s most advanced chips.
- The factory is currently under construction, with plans to begin production in 2024.During a press conference in Taipei, Chang said “three-nanometer, TSMC right now has a plan, but it has not been completely finalized,” Reuters reports.
- The South Korean tech giant is producing 3-nanometer chips at its Hwaseong and Pyeongtaek semiconductor facilities.
TSMC founder Morris Chang said today that the semiconductor giant and Apple supplier will build 3nanometer chips at its factory in Arizona, though final plans are not ready yet. The factory is curre [+1779 chars]