Trump says US in decline; Biden has his own dire warning
- He said, “It’s going to be hard, it’s going to be tough but we aren’t giving up hope.” “Clearly people are concerned about the economy,” Saunders said.
- History suggests the party in power will suffer significant losses in the midterms.Trump has long falsely claimed he lost the 2020 election only because Democrats cheated and has even begun raising the possibility of election fraud this year.
- But voters also are “concerned about the freedoms being taken away from them, whether you’re talking about voting rights or whether your talking about a women’s right to choose.”___Associated Press writers Jill Colvin and Hope Yen contributed to this report.
- WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans are eyeing major gains in Tuesday’s elections and appealing to supporters over the final weekend of the 2022 campaign to punish Democrats for high inflation and crime rates that have risen in some places.
- But DeSantis also was on his mind — he referred to the governor as “Ron DeSanctimonious.” It’s a rivalry that’s been simmering for more than a year as DeSantis has taken increasingly bold steps to boost his national profile and build a deep fundraising network.
- People are showing up to vote.”“There’s no energy on the Democrat side,” said Scott on NBC.
By STEVE PEOPLES, AAMER MADHANI and MARC LEVY Associated PressLATROBE, Pa. (AP) Former President Donald Trump is predicting Americas destruction if his fellow Republicans dont deliver a massive [+5181 chars]