Devtron raises fresh capital for its cloud DevOps platform
- Their experiences informed Devtron’s design, which Ghildiyal describes as “DevOps in a box,” with tools that provide audit logs and metrics showing the state of an organization’s DevOps maturity.Devtron also provides tools for access controls and policy management, as well as environment orchestration, software delivery workflow and cost.
- When asked about clients, Ghildiyal said Devtron has “several” unicorns and growth-stage companies as commercial customers, but he declined to reveal names — or Devtron’s revenue.Ghildiyal said that India-based Devtron’s principal focuses post-fundraise will be resources and cost optimizations to “enable DevOps automation and efficiency at scale.”
- The cloud-native market has seen the introduction of a range of open source DevOps tools — tools that combine software development and IT operations — built to address very specific use cases.
- In a 2019 Harvard Business Review survey, only 10% of developers said that their companies were successful at building and deploying software quickly, with less than half (48%) saying their organization always relies on DevOps methodologies.
- “This saves significant time and resources to build and deploy in production,” Zelman added.Ghildiyal sees Devtron competing against formidable incumbent vendors like GitLab and Harness in a DevOps market that was worth an estimated $4 billion in 2020, according to Global Market Insights.
- The platform handles app management, security and more, providing an interface that abstracts away the underlying infrastructure.To Ghildiyal’s point, there’s evidence to suggest that there’s a gap between DevOps adoption and success.
The cloudnative market has seen the introduction of a range of open source DevOps tools tools that combine software development and IT operations built to address very specific use cases. As a r [+3096 chars]